Do you live and breathe accountancy? Do you want to develop the next generation of accountants? If you do, call Recruit 2 You TODAY! Our client are looking to hire a Learning and Development Mentor for Accountancy Apprentices.
They want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
How would you like to work for a small but growing, creative and initiative company?
Focusing on regular reviews with the Accountancy Apprentices in the workplace and classroom and taking responsibility for the administration related to the apprentice reviews, up until their completion of the AAT End Point Assessment.
You will be providing blended academic and pastoral advice, guidance and support as well as ensuring a safe and conducive working environment for our learners.
Relationships with employers are of prime importance and you will need to foster and build on these relationships for the benefit of the apprentices in their programme.
As an Accountancy Learning and Development Mentor, your role is challenging and diverse involving:
• Construction and maintenance all learner documentation to reflect learner's characteristics and meet quality standards and funding compliance.
• Working to ensure learner outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all learners are given constructive feedback on growing their knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• Providing coaching and mentoring support and advice throughout the learning journey and beyond.
• Creating learning resources for the EPA portfolio and its evidence gathering.
• Establishing and maintaining professional working relationship with employers, ensuring that they are informed and part of the learning journey for their workforce.
• Providing pastoral support and advice to learners and employers i.e. mental health etc.
• Conduct regular and timely progression reviews with learners as per the standard operating model, setting SMART targets and providing additional learner support as required.
• Manage data relating to individual learner targets including working with other colleagues to ensure the success of the learner.
• Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions.
• Communicate any issues or concerns about learners to your line manager and designated Safeguarding Officer as appropriate.
Requirements of Knowledge, Experience, Technical Skills and Behaviours
• Minimum of AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
• Experience of working in an accounting environment, industry or practice.
• Understanding of current accounting procedures and regulations, manual and computerised processes to enable effective and successful delivery of accounting skills and behaviours relevant to the course.
• The ability to communicate well with people at all ages and learning level.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to build and nurture relationships.
• The ability to collaborate with others and contribute towards targets.
• Experience of successful teamwork.
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with high workload.
• You will have a natural empathy with people and a genuine desire to help people achieve.
• Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies.
• Mentor or training experience.
• A full drivers’ licence, access to own vehicle.
• Prior experience of working within apprenticeships / education or with unemployed individuals.
• Teaching or assessing qualification.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Full Covid-19 risk assessment in place
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.