Our client is a multi-award-winning market leader; working with blue chip clients, their Our expertise extends across all major sectors and can be seen in many of the UK’s most recognisable projects. Due to outstanding growth of this privately owned company, we are excited to be assisting in the search for the next experienced Buyer to join their team based in Heage, Belper, Derbyshire.
Buyer Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Produce accurate and comprehensive estimates for projects in a timely and efficient manner. Control and manage the estimating process at project level.
· Understand the client’s enquiry documentation/bill of quantities to fully ascertain the requirements of the tender and ensure the bid submissions are compliant.
· Hold a strong understanding of structural steelwork materials & the ability to produce accurate measures/take offs, identifying all of the package relevant risks, possible value engineering, inclusions and exclusions.
· Engage with the supply chain, issue accurate enquiries, and obtain compliant/competitive sub- contract quotations for elements of the tender works.
· Maintain a good understanding of current market rates.
· Can read and understand structural engineers’ and architects’ general arrangement drawings, design reports & specifications.
· Produce accurate and detailed quotation documents from a standard template to qualify the bid submission.
· Operate an estimating CRM package to update the project bid submission information and maintain communication/records with the client up to the secured or lost status of each project with a very pro-active approach throughout.
· Attend pre and post tender meetings with clients.
· If successful with a bid submission, complete hand-over documentation
You as the new Buyer will demonstrate the following Key Skills, Experience & Attributes:
· Minimum two years’ experience working within a Buyer role (structural steelwork experience preferred but not essential).
· Good understanding and ability with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Good understanding of InDesign software preferable.
· Ability to work within allocated time scales to meet the requirements of our clients.
· Good punctuality, pro-active approach, communication, and presentation skills.
· Preferably have a good knowledge of our client base and industry.
· Good planning skills, time management skills and commercial knowledge
· Ability to work well within a team to achieve targets set by the Bid Manager.
· Qualifications to an HNC/HND level preferred but not essential.
· Full UK driving licence.
In return you can achieve:
· 33 days holiday per year (includes 8 bank holidays)
· Entry into the Group Personal Pension Scheme
· Private Health Insurance (subject to a qualifying period)
· Eye care voucher scheme
· Ongoing Training & Development Opportunities
We are looking for a Buyer to work alongside our estimating team and CAD technicians to estimate the costs of planned construction projects including mass timber, structural steelwork and hybrid structures. You will ensure projects are adequately budgeted and costed within an effective timeframe to support the development of bids at tender stage. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Buyer, and experience with structural steel would be preferred but not essential. Applicants should be enthusiastic, proactive and have a willingness to develop and learn alongside the growth of the business