An opportunity has become available at our client in Pinxton, as we are looking for an experienced CNC 3-axis milling machine setter to join our team on a rotating shift basis.
- Produce machine parts by programming, setting up and operating a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine.
- Operating HAAS DT1, HAAS DM2 and XYZ 1510 and 1020 machines with Siemens 828d controller.
- Operate CNC and manual manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
- Set datums using wobbling edge finder / Renishaw probe / 3D taster.
- Maintain quality and safety standards, in line with company policy.
- Keep records of works and times.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and a clean working environment.
- Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods.
- Use precision measurement equipment to check machined parts against drawings.
- Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify appropriate person of deviation when needed.
- Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience in operating and maintaining a CNC machine. They will be able to read and work to engineering drawings and specifications. There is no requirement to be able to program but a basic understanding of the codes used will be necessary to change or edit basic paths.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Competently and safely operate a CNC Machine without supervision.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Competent use of precision measurement equipment such as Vernier Callipers and Micrometers.
This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week with a rotating shift pattern.
Working hours will be as follows: Morning Shift - 8% shift allowance applied - Monday - Thursday 6.00am - 2.00pm, Friday 6.00am - 11.30am Afters Shift - 12% shift allowance applied - Monday - Thursday 2.00pm - 10.00pm, Friday 11.30am - 5.00pm
The pay rate is between £12-£15 per hour, dependent on experience
• Free on-site parking
• Free hot drinks
• Workplace pension scheme
• 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment business for this hire.