We are currently looking to recruit a Furnace Operative to join our melting team. Reporting to the Melting Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient melting of different grades of iron. Previous experience of operating induction furnaces would be advantageous however full training will be provided to the right candidate.
Day shift based on 40hours per week
Previous experience desirable but not essential
Duties & Responsibilities
• Loading and control of induction furnaces, including temperature control and analysis.
• Loading and preparing pre-weighed charge bins following a set procedure.
• Pouring molten iron from furnace to ladle and ladle to mould.
• Chipping out and re-building ladles and furnaces as required.
• A good awareness and understanding of Health & Safety practices & requirements.
• Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as under your own initiative.
• Able to follow instruction.
• Good eye for detail.
• Willingness to learn.
Rate of pay: £10 per hour, plus production bonus after successful completion of initial training.
Hours of Work: 5am – 1pm.