Are you exceptionally skilled within the IT industry? At Recruit 2 You, we have a very challenging yet exciting new role! As the new IT Learning and Development Mentor your will work alongside our clients IT Trainer to directly support apprentices throughout their training period. Our client have diverse range of apprentices, and you will support them through high quality training across a range of IT qualifications from Level 3 to Level 4.
You and the trainer will bring to life the IT qualification, along with the apprenticeship standard guidelines, you are responsible for the regular reviews with the students in the workplace and classroom, as well as for the administration related to student reviews, up until the completion of the End Point Assessment.
Our clients values include;
Collaborate, Innovate, Integrity, Service, Impact, Respect.
• Maintaining current professional knowledge within the IT field and undertake CPD activities as required.
• Assessing and supporting learners towards the successful completion of their qualification.
• The support, advising and motivation of learners.
• Using e-portfolio system to record learner's progress.
• Construction and maintenance all learner documentation to reflect learner's characteristics and meet quality standards and funding compliance.
• Working to ensure learner outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all learners are given constructive feedback on growing their knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions.
• Communicate any issues or concerns about learners to your line manager and designated Safeguarding Officer as appropriate.
You will be providing blended academic and pastoral advice, guidance and support as well as ensuring a safe and conducive working environment for our learners.
Relationships with employers are of prime importance and you will need to foster and build on these relationships for the benefit of the students in their programme. A large proportion of students are within the 16-24 age group and are undertaking an apprenticeship, however our students will be from all ages and backgrounds, so you will be continuously striving to build, maintain and improve relationships with them in order to achieve the best results for all.
Required Skills and Personal Qualities
• Relevant occupational competence within an IT environment.
• Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
• Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
• Must be an excellent communicator who is learner and quality focused.
• The ability to collaborate with others and contribute towards targets.
• Ability to work under pressure, manage your time effectively and work on your own initiative.
• Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the apprenticeship accreditation process.
• Experience of delivering Apprenticeship qualifications including Functional Skills.
• Knowledge of the BCS apprenticeship qualifications and EPA process.
• A full drivers’ licence, access to own vehicle.
Why work for our client?
• A family-oriented, progressive business with a culture of support and development
• They have embraced the working from office and home balance and continue to appreciate the value of our employees doing both, to support the business and personal needs
• Clear career progression routes set with achievable targets and review points
• Quarterly social activities, paid Christmas party and ad hoc socials
• Senior Management have an open-door policy
• 20 days holiday + Bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown
• Their Derby Training Hub is within 100m of the Derbion Centre for Shopping and Food Outlets
• Their Nottingham Training Hub is within 300m of Nottingham Market Square for Shopping and Food Outlets
This is an office-based role at our Derby Hub, with opportunities to work from either the Nottingham Hub or home.
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Full covid risk assessment in place
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Katherine on 01773 252222
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.