Our client who is based in Derby are looking for Network Administrator who will be responsible for the delivery and coordination of IT services, ensuring high quality service with a consistent and professional approach. The successful candidate will provide an outstanding service to our customers and build a great relationship with international customers. As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to work with global companies and in return we will offer excellent development opportunities. Full training of the service processes will be provided.
The role as the new Network Administrator:
• Maintain a customer focused service though the lifecycle of each ticket
• Resolve a range of technical Issues, with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible
• Technical escalation points for Incidents, Requests and Problems
• To make a positive contribution to update and maintain IT Service Desk documentation including any knowledge base items or local work instructions
• To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the department. Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
• Meet and exceed as required the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes, such as Incident Management
• Upon management request you should be willing to perform duties outside normal business hours, for example on-call service or overtime.
• Provide professional client discussion and dialogue in relation to the analysis
• Execute effective training of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line peers.
• Ensure that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line peers are trained and ready to adopt new solutions and/or tooling
• Ensure clients technical environments are described in detail and knowledge about the entire solution has been effectively documented
• Microsoft - Advanced support on the Windows stack including build and configuration of desktops, servers, and components.
• Virtualisation - VMWare, HyperV build and configuration, Storage provisioning SAN.
• Networking - Advanced troubleshooting, VPN and FW Configuration and Deployment, LAN/WAN, Switching/Routing, Firewalls, WIFI.
• Backups - Install, Configuration, Upgrade pf backup solutions.
• Experience of Service Desk environment & End User IT support Experience.
• Infrastructure Monitoring and Event Management.
Experience with following Technical Disciplines
• Exchange 2003 - 2016
• Microsoft End User IT Support
• Microsoft O365, 365 Migrations from Exchange and other mail systems.
• Microsoft Active Directory.
• Security - SSL Certifications, MFA, Group Policies.
• Networking - LAN/WAN, Switching/Routing, Firewalls, WIFI
• Storage & Compute - Dell, HPE, IBM, NetApp
• Backup Solutions
• Product Development
• Service Development
• Experience of working in an ITIL® based environment
• Sage support experience - general troubleshooting, upgrades
• Cyber Essential
Salary, Hours, and Location
• £35,000 -£40,000
• Derby / Hybrid
• Hours to be confirmed
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.