Our client in Eastwood has an exciting position open for a qualified and experienced QA/SHEQ Engineer!
The role is based at our client’s head office in Eastwood (Nottingham) but may require some occasional domestic and overseas travel from time to time.
As the new QA/SHEQ Engineer you will Possess a robust engineering background, a proven track record and comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance pertaining to intricate fabrications and customised machinery. Including expertise in electro-mechanical instrumentation and controls.
A key requirement for this role is the ability to effectively collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, facilitating the identification of requirements and the development of innovative solutions.
What we are looking for:
· A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
· Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach).
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
· Successful track record in a similar role.
· A competent working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.).
· Excellent organisational and communication skills.
· Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
· Electro-mechanical engineering product development and process quality experience.
· Able to apply Continuous Improvement methodology, Six Sigma, and tools for data driven decisions.
· Familiarity with ISO9001 accredited business management systems and principles.
· Auditor experience (Internal & External).
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities utilising industry standard quality tools (eg. 5 Whys, 8D, Kaizen).
· Able to understand engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
· Level 3 Mechanical engineering education (ONC/HNC).
· Experience of OHS and Environmental Management systems and principles.
· A relevant NEBOSH qualification.
· A working understanding of instrumentation and controls.
· Some basic electrical knowledge.
· Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects.
· Level 5 Engineering qualification (Degree).
In return you can expect to achieve:
· An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
· Mobile telephone, laptop computer.
· Flexible scheme of working hours (flexitime).
· A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year