Our client is a market-leading business specialising in UK recycling based in Heanor, Derbyshire. You will be expected to work continental shift patterns.
Reporting to the Reclaim Shift Team Leader, the successful candidate will operate recycling machinery, and aim towards the effective running of the Reclaim Department, ensuring that the products you produce meet quality standards.
• Operate a conveyor belt and metal detector.
• Handle scrap plastics in various forms over long periods
• Demonstrate a responsible attitude and behaviour to health and safety and the operation of machinery.
• Maintain a safe, clean working environment without risk to health.
• Preserve a good working relationship with work colleagues to work safely and maximise levels of production.
• Start-up and shut down machinery as/when instructed.
• Carry out and accurately record quality checks and information.
• Working to relevant departmental SWP’s at all times in line with training received.
• To comply with the company Health & Safety Policy, ensuring that PPE is worn at all times.
• Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
• Experience of H&S responsibilities within a manufacturing environment
• The ability to work unsupervised and be able to use own initiative
• The ability to form good working relationships at all levels
• Physically fit (as some heavy lifting of scrap plastic is involved)
• Continental shifts (2 days/2 nights, then 4 off, repeat)
6:00am – 6:00pm / 6:00pm – 6:00am