Our client is a market-leading business specialising in UK recycling based in Heanor, Derbyshire. You will be expected to work continental shift patterns.
Reporting to the Reclaim Shift Team Leader, the successful candidate will operate recycling machinery, and aim towards the effective running of the Reclaim Department, ensuring that the products you produce meet quality standards.
• Monitor and top up consumable and materials as and when required
• Maintain a good working relationship with work colleagues to work safely and maximise levels of production
• Work to relevant departmental SWP’s at all times in line with training received
• Take responsibility for general housekeeping within the departments and ensure a good level is maintained
• Prepare materials and consumables for the oncoming night shift
• Assist with packing of finished goods
• Comply with the company H&S Policy (located on notice boards)
• Assist with or complete Operator tasks where training and experience allows
• Advise the Operator/Supervisor of any difficulties you may be having and learn from actions taken to avoid recurrence.
• Assist with planned, preventative maintenance
• Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
• Experience of H&S responsibilities within a manufacturing environment
• The ability to work unsupervised and be able to use own initiative
• The ability to form good working relationships at all levels
• Physically fit (as some heavy lifting of scrap plastic is involved)
• Continental shifts (2 days/2 nights, then 4 off, repeat)
6:00am – 6:00pm / 6:00pm – 6:00am