Our client who is based in Derby is looking for a Multilingual Service Desk Owner who will be responsible for providing key skills to our customers and users alike. The role requires versatility and ability to learn new things.
Process is extremely important as no two customers are identical. Our client operates world-wide, and our language reach is a key business objective. Because of this the person we are looking for needs to be company focused and dedicated to providing a market leading service.
Roles & Responsibilities of the new Service Desk Owner:
Our service owners are accountable for the quality of their service. They adopt a portfolio view, managing end-to-end services that include multiple services, products, and channels. Also managing the team delivering the service, from an operations and service delivery perspective.
• Managing Helpdesk and Field Services for Multi-lingual teams across Europe.
• A Growth Role, strategic responsibility for growing the services and team, in line with the company’s needs.
• Managing a team current of approx. 10 (currently covering 7 languages) This is a vastly growing area of the business, we forecast the team will be about 50 by the end of the year.
• Managing a range of services and products relating to Integrated equipment, incorporating both hardware and software functions.
• Must be smartly dressed
• Be able to work fast paced
• Must be good at spreadsheets
As the multi-lingual service owner for Helpdesk and Field Services, you will:
• provide the connection between multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders
• work closely with customer Operations teams
• create rotas and manage staff, enabling full coverage of all core hours, sometimes utilising, or assisting other teams in holiday and sick cover.
• make sure the necessary business processes are followed and participate in the creation and governance of the service, including acting as a point of escalation for the delivery team
• work with Global Operations Manager and Financial Controller to manage the budget and allocate funding to areas of the service based on their decisions about priorities
• be ultimately responsible for the successful operation and continuous improvement of the service
You will be ultimately responsible for the multilingual service desk as a business unit.
Able to apply experience of multiple parts of the lifecycle. Able to recognise when it is right to move forward and when it is right to stop. Able to recognise the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these. Able to work with other agile delivery operations throughout the product lifecycle. Able to plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project.
Keeps abreast of industry best practice and cascades ways of working. Knows how to make operations efficient. Is the escalation point for major operational issues and champions operational management across the community. Works closely with leaders to keep them up to date with the latest high-level actions.
Is able to anticipate problems and knows how to mitigate against them at the right time. Understands how the problem fits into the larger picture. Is able to articulate the problem and helps others to articulate the problem. Builds problem-solving capabilities in others.
Additional Information Salary and Location
• £45,000-£50,000 Per Annum (DOE)
• Bonuses depending on performance
• Shift pattern ranges from 7am – 21:00pm (To be discussed)
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.