An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join my clients team based in Derby. The ideal candidate will be qualified and hold an up to date Electrical certificate along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience of machine maintenance within a manufacturing environment.
This position operates a shift pattern – Mornings 06:00 - 14:00 / Afternoons 14:00 – 22:00
Main responsibilities and duties of Maintenance Engineer:
• Maintenance of a variety of production machinery and associated tooling, to include; Auto forms, thermo formers, flatbed moulders, Industrial printers, Water baths etc.
• Electrical fault finding – candidates should be strong in this area.
• Maintaining the tooling and consumables stock.
• Undertake preventative, planned and reactive maintenance in an efficient and safe manner.
You as the new Maintenance Engineer will demonstrate the following:
• Understanding and ability to work towards Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Ability to Ensure the most cost effective and efficient use of machinery and resources are maintained at all times, identifying and implementing continuous improvement and manufacturing techniques.
• Ensure that proper handover procedures are carried out, communicating any problems or shortfalls during shift, completing job log on computer.
• Ensure good time management in line with preparation and attendance at meetings along with meeting all deadlines set with line manager.
• Manage and demonstrate good human relations both within the team and to other departments.
• Demonstrate and influence good housekeeping, hygiene and quality standards in line with Company procedures and dress code.
• When necessary ensure safe factory closure with regards to alarm setting, plant, machinery and equipment. Full check of all other areas including door/window closure, gate locking and any other security.
• To contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
What you can achieve:
A competitive salary
31 days annual leave
Preferably you will hold an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance or equivalent and have experience working on any of the following machines, Mitsubishi, Omron and Schneider PLC’s.
To apply, please complete the form below