Recruit 2 You are looking for a Stockyard Operator for our fast-growing client based in Alfreton. Our client strives to develop safe and quality polyethylene pipeline components, their goals is to design the right solutions and the best products to help their customers. As a stockyard Operator, you must have excellent safety awareness and have experience working within a stockyard environment, you must also have a Side Loader and an FLT licence. The ideal candidate must be willing to learn, be passionate about their role and career driven.
Your key responsibilities as a Stockyard Operative:
• Responsible for ensuring daily checks are carried out on MHE
• As a Stockyard Operator, you will prepare orders for loading using a batch-based Inventory System.
• You will Ensure all Roadway are clear, and product is stored to Maintain quality, you will also assist with stock control.
• You will be responsible for ensuring all loading is undertaken safely, efficiently and to best practice standards including ensuring accuracy against picking paperwork.
• You will be responsible for undertaking daily house keeping routines and you will also be responsible with producing despatch dockets for outbound deliveries from ERP systems
• Unload and receive goods from suppliers and process delivery notes and respond to various paperwork requests to retrieve, check, and make up orders for internal customers and make up orders for internal customers.
• Loads coils and pipe lengths (up to 18m) and fittings onto outbound delivery vehicles
• Supply internal manufacturing with coil storage frames and move new stock into locations as and when required.
• You will also need to comply with the company systems and procedures for health and safety and environmental control including auditing, near miss reporting and inspections.
• Dependent on business needs the role will include a reasonable amount of overtime which you will be called upon to do.
• You must have a Side Loader and FLT licence
Required knowledge and skills for a Stockyard Operator:
• You must be a self-motivated individual with the flexibility to adapt and a willingness to develop new skills.
• You must have a Side Loader and FLT Licence
• Good numeracy skills.
• The ability to have basic computer skills.
• Awareness of MRP/ Stock control principles.
• As a stockyard Operator, you will ned to have willingness and the ability to cover other general duties and cover holiday within the stockyard.
• FLT Reach and Counterbalance trained with current licence.
• Great communication.
• The ability to co-operate and deal tactfully.
• Willing to learn new things and develop new skills.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with Brooke or Anita on 01773 252222
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment agency for this hire.