Recruit 2 You currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant. The suitable candidate will have the experience and ability to be able to order and maintain supplies and equipment based on the company’s needs.
As manufacturers and suppliers of high quality furniture, our client has an excellent reputation for quality and service and as such is seeking to appoint an experienced and dedicated Purchasing assistant to join their financial team to be based at their head offices in Somercotes.
As an expert in purchasing, you will possess a sound knowledge of updating internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts) have the ability to prepare cost analysis and also be able to liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products maintain the upmost quality as required.
The successful Purchasing Assistant’s day to day duties will include:
• Track orders/deliveries and ensure they are delivered on time
• Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
• Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
• Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
To be suitable for this Purchasing Assistant role, you must have the following experience / characteristics:
• Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
• Good understanding of supply chain procedures
• Strong organisational skills
• Hands-on experience with purchasing software
The Purchasing Assistant role offers a salary of £18,000-£21,000 per annum.
Please complete the form below to apply