Recruit 2 You are delighted to work in partnership with our client, based in Tinsley, Sheffield. Our client is an employee-owned cash and carry site.
Due to demand, they are expanding their team and currently hiring for Checkout Assistants working Monday to Friday! They are a large distribution centre that deliver nationwide, and deliver a wide range of wholesale products, supplying to independent retailers and caterers etc.
Our client are expanding and opening their 8th depot this year!
The job Role involves;
• Working on the checkout to process customers transactions
• Answering customer queries
• Preparing customer orders for delivery
• Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
• Supporting other departments as required
What do you need to be a Checkout Operator?
• Confidence using computerised tills and barcode scanners
• Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability.
• Great with customers and aware of their needs, whilst being polite and friendly at all times
• Using Initiative and have the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Good time management as you will be working at speed
• Able to work in a high-volume, sometimes physically challenging role
• Able to work quickly and to deadlines
All candidates will conduct weekly and monthly review meetings under their probation period. This vacancy is offered on a temporary to permanent contract over 10 weeks!
Canteen on site
The pay rate for this role is £10.42 per hour.
If this roles seems like the company for you, then call us today on 01773 252222.