Recruit 2 You are delighted to work in partnership with our client, based in Somercotes, Alfreton. Our client is an employee-owned cash and carry site. Due to demand, they are expanding their team and currently hiring for Checkout Assistants, that will include working on Saturdays! They are a large distribution centre that deliver nationwide, and deliver a wide range of wholesale products, supplying to independent retailers and caterers etc.
Our client are expanding and opening their 8th depot this year!
The job Role involves;
• Working on the checkout to process customers transactions
• Answering customer queries
• Preparing customer orders for delivery
• Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
• Supporting other departments as required
What do you need to be a Checkout Operator?
• Confidence using computerised tills and barcode scanners
• Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability.
• Great with customers and aware of their needs, whilst being polite and friendly at all times
• Using Initiative and have the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Good time management as you will be working at speed
• Able to work in a high-volume, sometimes physically challenging role
• Able to work quickly and to deadlines
All candidates will conduct weekly and monthly review meetings under their probation period. This vacancy is offered on a temporary to permanent contract over 10 weeks!
Canteen on site
The pay rate for this role is £10.42 per hour.
If this roles seems like the company for you, then call us today on 01773 252222.
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You directly on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment business for this hire.