Our client is an employee-owned cash and carry site. Due to demand, they are expanding their team and currently hiring for Full Time varied shifts over 7 days and Part Time Order Pickers at their Somercotes depot, for a variety of shifts including full time 8 hours and 4 hour shift patterns where you can chose chose the days you would like to work, with start time of 13.30 and finish time of 17.30, minimum of 1 shift a week to a maximum of 5 shifts per week.
The role will include picking orders ready to be delivered the following day. You will be working as part of a key supportive team within the depot, where you will take ownership to ensure the process of picking a customer’s order with good attention to detail and can work well in a busy environment.
What will you be doing as a Picker?
• Picking and preparing customer’s orders ready for dispatch in an organised and timely fashion
• Picking customers’ orders using handheld equipment
• Picking customers’ orders directly into roll cages
• Stock replenishment following correct procedures.
• Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
• Supporting other departments as required
What do you need to be a Picker?
• Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability
• Initiative and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Good time management as you will be working at speed
• Good attention to detail and careful precision to meet targets
• Able to work quickly and to deadlines
• Confidence using handheld computerised tills and barcode scanners
If you think this is the role for you and would like to be considered for a temp to perm opportunity, please apply today by following the appropriate links or by contacting Recruit 2 You on 01773 252222 who are acting as an employment business for this hire.